HCSO Public Relations Office
J. Matt Lea
J. Matt Lea serves as the Public Relations Manager for the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office and is responsible for the management of the HCSO Public Relations Office. He is the central information and communications coordinator and spokesperson for the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office.
Mr. Lea’s background includes a notable career in public and government relations positions within the local, state, and federal government as well as the field of corporate communications. His previous positions include:
- Public Information Officer for the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office
- Communications and Human Resource Development Manager for Schnellecke Logistics, USA
- Special Assistant to the Mayor and Municipal Lobbyist for the City of Chattanooga
- Field Representative for former U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist
- Legislative Aide to former Tennessee Senate Minority Leader, David Fowler
- Former volunteer firefighter and EMT for the Soddy Daisy Fire Department
Mr. Lea holds a bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and is married to Sharon Lea. Together, the couple has three children, Madison, Arabella, and Henry. They reside in Soddy Daisy, Tennessee.
Mr. Lea is an avid hunter, firearms enthusiast, and enjoys spending time and traveling with his family. He is published in several magazines and ornithological journals including Chattanooga Parent Magazine, Bird Talk Magazine, the Tennessee Gardening Journal, and www.birdchannel.com.
J. Matt Lea
Public Relations Manager
Public Information Officer